Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TE on EoMPLS

Dear Gurus,

Just new to MPLS and implement very basic EoMPLS using the xconnect commands. How ever i need apply TE on my links, based on my diagram, can i create a configuration that will enable ClientA to use the 200Mbps link first and the other clients to use the 100Mbps. In the event one is disconnected the traffic will transfer to the connected link.

Thanks.
jeff

6 Replies 6

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

This can be done in a very ease manner. Please check my doc for the same. http://www.mplsvpn.info/2009/08/mpls-te-per-vrf-basics-part-2.html

The above link is for L3 in case of L2 please follow the below commands:-

Forwarding l2mpls over traffic engineering tunnel is not a bit complex but a tricky one. This all depends over the requirement how the service provider wants to route the traffic of backhauls. In this test setup we have implemented the MPLS TE for a single customer rest of the traffic of backhaul will follow the traditional IGP path.

The two options available in pseudo wire to forward the l2mpls traffic over te tunnel.

preferred-path peer

preferred-path tunnel interface

To use this option a loopback 100 is created on Remote PE which is the tunnel tail-end router and is not announced in the IGP. The reason for not announcing in IGP is that because when the tunnel path will get disconnect, the traffic will fall to the normal IGP path. This could be disabled by using fallback option in preferred-path command.

pseudowire-class TEST

encapsulation mpls

preferred-path peer 10.10.10.10

ip route 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.255 Tunnel10

interface Tunnel10

ip unnumbered Loopback0

tunnel destination 10.10.10.3

tunnel mode mpls traffic-eng

tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 1 explicit name R3

no routing dynamic

end

ip explicit-path name R3 enable

next-address next hop ip address

next-address next hop ip address

regards

shivlu jain

I have posted the same on my blog. Please check how to forward L2 MPLS traffic on TE.

http://wiki.mplsvpn.info/mplsvpn-w/mpls-te/mpls-te-for-l2vpn

regards

shivlu jain

Shivlu Jain

Excellent explanation..

Jude Bryant    

Pioneer Telephone

Guys,

Thanks a lot, i need to read and digest this more, im just new to mpls. Great website Shivlu!

Jeff

Hope the article provides the clear understanding of EoMPLS. Also tell whether your question is being answered or not. If yes then please close it so that it could become reference for others.

Thanks for your time for reading my articles.

regards

shivlu jain

www.mplsvpn.info

Thanks Shivlu

What about the tunnel from R2 to R1. My understanding is that TE tunnels are unidirectional. for the return traffic you need a tunnel from R2 to R1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: