Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Requirement for PRI ISDN E1 to IVR

Not applicable

We have a prolian server (IVR) which is connected on the Ethernet port of Cisco 2811 ip base router

I need to connect the E1 (PRI ISDN with 30 lines call) received from my telecom operator on that router

The router receive calls on E1 card from telecom operator then send call to the IVR prolian sever connected on Ethernet port

Please what are the requirement to achieve this application

E1 card, IOS version, ....

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You would need an E1 VWIC, with DSPs. Assuming one port (one E1/30 channels) will be enough, you would require:

VWIC-1MFT-T1/E1 <--- E1 VIC

PVDM2-32 <--- DSPs for the VIC

In terms of IOS, you would need a feature set that supports Voice.

So at least IP Voice, or one of the other feature sets listed as inheriting voice features at this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps8802/ps5460/prod_bulletin09186a00801af451.html

How the the IVR connect to the router? SIP? H.323?

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for your answer

what about these card ?

- VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1
- HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI

normaly i will use SIP

Do i need different card if I use H.323 ?

Hi

VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 is the one you want - the other will be a data-only card.

You use the same hardware/software for SIP/H.323, I was just curious. Would suggest you get the hardware, search for some config examples on Cisco.com, and post back a new thread if you have issues...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Finaly wich card option is the good one for my application ?

option1

VWIC-1MFT-T1/E1          <--- E1 VIC

PVDM2-32               <--- DSPs for the VIC

option 2

VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1

Hi

I would go for the VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 - it's basically the updated version of the VWIC-1MFT-T1/E1, which is a little old and is going End-of-Life.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps3129/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd806c3dc6.html

Apologies for the confusion, typed the parts from memory.

Both the parts would work in your router/scenario, and both would require the PVDM2-32 and Voice IOS.

Regards

Aaron

Ok thakns very much for your help

what is the rule of the PVDM2-32 card

the VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 cannot work without PVDM2-32 ?

Hi

Yes - that's more or less it.

Each channel of voice (running G711) would require one channel of DSP to run. So if you have a 2-port VIC2-2FXS for example, you would need 2 channels of DSP. You require more for advanced/compressed codecs.

As your E1 has 30 channels, you need 30 channels of DSP. So the smallest you can use is a PVDM2-32. It's supplied in the form of a small module (like a memory DIMM) which you install internally in the router.

Regards

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: