Views
Helpful
Replies

Doubt authentication WLC - WS-SVC-WISM-1-K9

jealbadanp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a concern regarding the authentication in my network WLAN, we have a WLC - WS-SVC-WISM-1-K9, which we set up and has a SSID with the WPA parameters policy, WPA Encryption TKIP and Auth Key Mgmt 802.1. x. This authenticates with an ACS server and its time to other external databases. Users connect to the WLAN must be configured in your network card the above parameters, so to deploy a window authentication for the WLAN network service. We want this process to be not so extensive, the WLC can send this configuration to the mobile team and so the user can easily connect

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I hope i'm understanding this right..... you have a wireless network and an ssid using wpa/tkip enterprise (802.1x).  You have windows clients and want to be able to setup the users without too much trouble.  Well if you are using windows zero config and your user devices are part of the domain, then you can use GPO to push out the wireless profile which will have the ssid and configurations required to connect to the network.  Let me know if im way off here:)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you very much
and if not there GPO, we can make another alternate configuration

No problem.... GPO is your best bet.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card