cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure 3845 & 3560 for VoIP

DaKiqueeng
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to configure a 3845 router and a 3560 PoE switch for VoIP I have a few commands but not quite sure "Any" help

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What kind of VoIP? You want the 3845 as a voice gateway or a call processor for IP phones?

Do you have any handsets?

If you want a CallManager Express type setup take a look at the book:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm.html

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks AAron, I don't know much about setting VoIP up except what I've been reading the last few days, But this is the scenario we have a trailer right outside our building which has a 3845 router and a 3560G PoE switch. We'd like to put VoIP phones in the trailer and at present we do not have VoIP phones inside the building.  But if I can get the IP phone to talk to another IP or analog phone within a lab enviroment that'll be a start.

Hi

You are interested in CallManager Express then - have a look through the admin guide I referenced earlier.

Be aware it's a licensed feature, though the license is not enforced in software you should purchase it appropriately.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..    

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you

No problem.

Please remember to use the * ratings to rate helpful responses, and mark answered questions that you are happy with the response to.

Aaron

DaKiqueeng
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to use the 3845 as a voice gateway and yes I have headsets

No one is stopping you

Seriously though - did you take a look at the admin guide?

If that's too much, then take a look at the config examples on cisco.com:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a008037f2a9.shtml

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Ok, Mr Aaron!!! I like this guide I can work with this just to get familiar, I'm new at this company and no one else knows anything about this! I was hoping to at least learn the network and work with someone here who had knowledge of the entire picture!!! But, I'll get it!!!!!! Thanks Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: