cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the IP ADDRESS on existing controllers Management, AP-Manager, service port

jcomment
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting

ready to make some changes to the existing controllers by changing out the IP's Address for Managment,AP Manger, and service port for a client.

The question is in what order do I make the changes?????

Do I start with the service port (save config), AP-Manager (Save config), and then Management? After changing the management I should be able to logon into it using the new IP Address.

Also have about 100+ AP on the controller. Running 4.2 code

What are your thoughts?

Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Whoopsie!  I didn't realize you were talking about WiSM.  I mis-understood your post and I thought you have the 4400.  Me bad.  Mea culpa. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'd recommend you change the Service Port, save config.  Plug your laptop to the service port and change the AP Manager and Management IP address (no particular order) in one go and save the config.

I agree with Leo.... the only thing is that changing IP Addresses can corrupt your WLC... I have seen it in the past.  You might get lucky and won't have to, but If you start experiencing issues, then I would clear the configuration and configure it from scratch.  Also, your AP's will need to find the WLC's new ip address, so don't forget to change your DNS entry if using DNS to resolve the WLC FQDN to an ip address.  If you have multiple WLC's, you will need to reconfigure your mobility groupd etc.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ok I will change the service port first. I don't recall seeing a service port on a Wism Blade?

On the APs should I keep the APs on the primary or move them over too the back-up?

Yes it was in the plan to change the mobility group.

We have about (4) WiSm blades that we are change out.

Thanks for your help.

There is a service port on the WiSM's..... You can move the LAP's to the backup after you make the changes to the mobility group.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Whoopsie!  I didn't realize you were talking about WiSM.  I mis-understood your post and I thought you have the 4400.  Me bad.  Mea culpa. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card