cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA -- Include domain name in URL for system log

chris.cumbaa
Level 1
Level 1

I am logging to MARS from a Cisco ASA 5520 and read somewhere (can't remember where) that you can configure the ASA to include the domain name in the accessed URL (instead of just IP) of the log entries.  This is the data I need logged to MARS.  One site said you needed to enable web filtering to do this, but everything I've found on web filtering is actually URL filtering (using websense).  I've been searching, but keep coming up with nothing.  Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

AFAIK, the ASA can not do this. You probably wouldn't want it too anyway, the overhead of the lookup would be pretty taxing on the device.

Hope it helps.

With the resolution of this defect CSCsw6851, when http inspection is enabled the syslog 304001 will now log the host name instead of the ip address.

This is resolved in 008.002(001.010)          008.001(002.014)          008.000(005)          008.000(004.024)

-KS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card