cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need process info "MFI LFD Stats Pr" on VS-s720-10G with SXI3 code

krunal_shah
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know what MFI LFD Stats process do??One my client has high CPU on the 6500 switch doing MPLS VPN

6500sw#show proc cpu sort

CPU utilization for five seconds: 99%/80%; one minute: 93%; five minutes: 92%
  PID Runtime(ms)   Invoked      uSecs   5Sec   1Min   5Min TTY Process
555   399550384   1184091     337458 18.23%  7.44%  7.05%   0 MFI LFD Stats Pr

I understand high CPU is due to interrupt processing on RP in this case. Does MFI LFD Stats Pr process involved in any LDP packets processing??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Krunal,

MFI should stand for MPLS Forwarding Infrastructure that has been introduced in 12.2(33)SXH and 12.4(20)T so yes it is related to MPLS.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/mpls/configuration/guide/mp_lsc_removed.html

>> The MFI, which manages MPLS data structures used  for forwarding, replaces the Label Forwarding Information Base (LFIB).

what exactly the process MFI LFD Stats Pr

does is difficult to say it looks like related to statistics of label forwarding activity.

this process is taking 7% of cpu but I see that  your sysrem is full loaded.

80% of cpu is used by cpu interrupts probably meaning  that a big quota of traffic is processed by  main cpu.

Hope  to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Krunal,

MFI should stand for MPLS Forwarding Infrastructure that has been introduced in 12.2(33)SXH and 12.4(20)T so yes it is related to MPLS.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/mpls/configuration/guide/mp_lsc_removed.html

>> The MFI, which manages MPLS data structures used  for forwarding, replaces the Label Forwarding Information Base (LFIB).

what exactly the process MFI LFD Stats Pr

does is difficult to say it looks like related to statistics of label forwarding activity.

this process is taking 7% of cpu but I see that  your sysrem is full loaded.

80% of cpu is used by cpu interrupts probably meaning  that a big quota of traffic is processed by  main cpu.

Hope  to help

Giuseppe

"MFI LFD" is an acronym for "MPLS Forwarding Infrastructure, Label Forwarding Database".

High CPU was due to routing loop, a prticular route did not get progrmmed into hardware.

I know that the question is answered but I have a case with a VSS which uses a lot of the primary SP for the MFI LFD Stats Process although the box has no mpls enabled. Why this process would be used?

Thanks, kind regards,

Eduard

vss#remote command switch-id 1 module 5 show process cpu sort

CPU utilization for five seconds: 40%/4%; one minute: 28%; five minutes: 28%

PID Runtime(ms)   Invoked      uSecs   5Sec   1Min   5Min TTY Process

196  4003994652 415167190       9644 27.61% 14.20% 13.51%   0 MFI LFD Stats Pr

127  31901132483381077946          0  2.38%  2.90%  2.87%   0 DiagCard8/-1    

vss-bi0514#sh ver | i ima

System image file is "sup-bootdisk:s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI1.bin"

vss-bi0514#show mpls int

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: