When a call comes into the main site where the CUCMBE is located the c

ustomer then trys to transfer this to another phone through a NEC ti

e line and just gets dead air but can call the extension from this

location any thoughts

11 Replies 11

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We would need more information to help out.

We will assume you are using a T1 line on a Cisco router to connect to the NEC.   If that is the case, you have a couple items to check:

If calls connect when calling directly, then its probably working ok.  On Transfers with Cisco IP phones and Routes to T1 lines, you will need a MTP added in somewhere to the mix.  If your MTP are not working, transfers will not work.

If the Codecs are mismatched between the IP phone and the H323 gateway (T1 to NEC) then I assume you do not have transcoding working anywhere.

If you are using SIP from CUCM to NEC, then you still need an MTP for the trunk and phone.

Thanks for the reply:

Yes we are using a T-1 from a router to the NEC we have MTP configured and we believe it is working correctly it is registered anyway I do have someone checking the NEC side to see if the Codec is the issue we did get an error code of 47 on the router when doing a debug...after looking at the error code it says... Cause No. 47 - resource unavailable, unspecified.

This cause is used to report a resource unavailable event only when no other cause in the resource unavailable class applies.

Cisco is also looking at traces from Call Manager, any other thoughts on this

-

-

Original Message

Can you post a copy of your router config? (leave out any pwds, hostnames, change ips to x.x.x.x)

im assuming also, if an cisco IP Phone calls an NEC phone, puts them on hold, the call drops also?

Also, what is the call flow?

PSTN---Cisco IP Phone.   Call is connected.

THEN--   Cisco IP phone transfers to NEC?

Is it Cisco IP phone to Cisco IP phone, then transfer to NEC?

Yes so I have not checked the first scenario if they put them on hold so the call flow is PSTN to Cisco phone then transfer to NEC then just dead air. Here is the config also.

Also I had them try the scenario of calling them getting put on hold they did not get dropped and was able to be retrieved.

On the h323 gateway in CUCM, is the check markbox checked to use MTP? (near the top)

No the one for MTP required is not checked

I see you are a Green Bay fan me also any thoughts on this?

I would check mark the box so the h323 gateway will use the MTP resource when you put the call on hold.    Check, reset and wait a couple minutes then try again.

Go pack!

This did not work do you think it could be a transcoders issue on the gateway?

Id first try and narrow down which one fails.

PSTN -Cisco IP Phone ----transfer NEC

Or Cisco IP ---CIsco IP phone---- transfer to NEC.

For the PRI, are they in a media resource group that has access to the MTPs on CUCM?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: