Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM upgrade from 6.1.2 to 6.1.4 query

norm.trees
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am planning an upgrade from CUCM 6.1.2 to 6.1.4, I notice the upgrade file is in 2 parts, I assume that as per previous upgrades I have performed that I just point the upgrade path to the files location and carry on the upgrade as normal.

Is this correct? Or do I need to merge the files somehow?

Any help would be great!

Regards

N.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please ensure you READ the release notes for the upgrade.  If you do not read the release notes, you should not be doing an upgrade.

The release note state, you must combine the Part 1 and Part 2 upgrade file into one SGN file.  The procedure is documented in the release notes for this version (and all versions of CUC, CUCM) to be upgraded.

View solution in original post

Hi Norm

Sorry, didnt mean to harsh....  email and forums can come across wrong sometimes I guess?!

So here is what i do.

Download the files to my Windows machine.

b. If you have a Windows system, cut and  paste the following command from this document into the command prompt  (cmd.exe) to combine the two parts:

COPY /B  UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.4.2000-2.sgn.iso_part1of2+UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.4.2000-2.sgn.iso_part2of2  UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.4.2000-2.sgn.iso

(double check the file names.)

When you are done, this is merged file you use for the upgrade.   I uses SFTP to to do the upgrade then.  (DVD sometimes does not work)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please ensure you READ the release notes for the upgrade.  If you do not read the release notes, you should not be doing an upgrade.

The release note state, you must combine the Part 1 and Part 2 upgrade file into one SGN file.  The procedure is documented in the release notes for this version (and all versions of CUC, CUCM) to be upgraded.

Hi there,

I have read over the release notes, I find them somewhat unclear.

I now understand the CLI command cover the merge, but my query is still there.

Do I upload the files in the normal way then run the CLI command?

Thanks

N

Hi Norm

Sorry, didnt mean to harsh....  email and forums can come across wrong sometimes I guess?!

So here is what i do.

Download the files to my Windows machine.

b. If you have a Windows system, cut and  paste the following command from this document into the command prompt  (cmd.exe) to combine the two parts:

COPY /B  UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.4.2000-2.sgn.iso_part1of2+UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.4.2000-2.sgn.iso_part2of2  UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.4.2000-2.sgn.iso

(double check the file names.)

When you are done, this is merged file you use for the upgrade.   I uses SFTP to to do the upgrade then.  (DVD sometimes does not work)

Hi,

no problems at all, don`t think I made my issue very clear.

From your last post, just realised that I am reading the release note wrong and that they are not unclear at all!

You merge the files on your PC not on the Callmanager!

When it said if you have a linux machine, I thought it meant linux Callmanager that you merged the files on, and when it said windows machine I assumed it meant windows based callmanager that you merged the files on! (which you would run DMA for anyway!)

As such, I was thinking how can you merge the files on Callmanager when you havn`t uploaded them!

Really appreciate your help!

Norm.

No problem!   I guess if you run Linux on your desktop, those are the instructions.   Maybe they should post Mac instructions as well?  haha

Have fun!  Remember to do a DRS backup and reboot before you start the upgrade. (fresh system then)

Otherwise, is a pretty straight forward upgrade.  Go the latest 6.1.4 release also.

Will do!

once again thanks for your help!

N

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: