Views
Helpful
Replies

RDP disconnects randomly

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We have FWSM version 3.2 in a 6513 switch in a redundant mode. I have created 4 VLAN in the FWSM module where my Servers are being placed.

users are placed on cisco 2960G (12.3.35 SE5 is the IOS) switch which is connected with core switch on a Trunk.

The problem is: whenever i do a RDP or copying to & fro from the FWSM Server VLANs to the User VLAN, the connection gets disconnected frequently & randomly. But if i do a PING it goes fine without any issues..

Any suggestion plz/..

MTU is FWSM is 1500.

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

We have FWSM version 3.2 in a 6513 switch in a redundant mode. I have created 4 VLAN in the FWSM module where my Servers are being placed.

users are placed on cisco 2960G (12.3.35 SE5 is the IOS) switch which is connected with core switch on a Trunk.

The problem is: whenever i do a RDP or copying to & fro from the FWSM Server VLANs to the User VLAN, the connection gets disconnected frequently & randomly. But if i do a PING it goes fine without any issues..

Any suggestion plz/..

MTU is FWSM is 1500.

Hi,

It can be a problem that your TCP session is not getting maintained by FWSM,can you clarify that you have active/active FWSM setup or Active/Passive.

Ganesh.H

Hi,

I have Active/Passive scenario in FWSM.

Rgds,

Partha

Hi,

I hope youe RDP sessions are idle for long time.In FWSM there is default connection timeout is already configured.

You can increase the connection timeout and idletime out time in FWSM,But sometime the cpu may hike due to this connections.

Regards

Karuppu

Hi,

It's happening randomly. Sometimes the connection is terminated within 2-3 minutes & sometimes it gets disconnected after 30 minutes...

It happens when I share a folder in the server & send a large file to that folder by accessing it using //server_ip...

Rgds,

Partha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco