CCSP Self Study Books

Unanswered Question
Mar 15th, 2010

Hi, I've been searching on Cisco web about CCSP certification path, I'm already CCNA, and I will present in a few months CCNA Security exam, so I will have the requirements to apply for CCSP. The issue is that I've been searching books for the following and find none:

642-504 SNRS and found a book in amazon for SNRS but the 642-502

642-533 IPS and found another book in amazon for IPS 642-532

642-524 SNAF and 642-591 CANAC, I havent found any book =/

can I use those two guides I found to study for the exams? About the last two, which books can I read? I have already contacted ciscopress and they told me that they are not currently working on self study guides for any of the exams mentioned above.

Thanks a lot for your support!!! ^^

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
sergiu.campian Tue, 03/30/2010 - 03:59

Hi

For the ASA exams (SNAF/SNAA) you can use CISCO ASA: All-in-one Firewall, IPS, Anti-X, and VPN Adaptive Security Appliance by Jazib Frahim and Omar Santos. It's a great book. I also recommend Cisco ASA Configuration by Richard A. Deal, but it's more CLI oriented than the exam.

For the IPS exam I'm currently learning from the IPS course on PEC.

I don't know about SNRS, I haven't started studying for that one yet.

Christopher Ursich Tue, 05/11/2010 - 13:10

+1 here.  I looked for the SNAF and SNAA books six months ago, and could find only the "short cuts" quick reference guides, in Adobe Digital Editions format.  Six months later, I can see no progress.  I don't know why it is taking so long to publish these.  I haven't looked at the Frahim/Santos ASA book yet.  I did buy the "short cuts" in Digital Editions format, and they are horrible.  The DRM is onerous, and requires Adobe's proprietary reader software.  (Not even Acrobat can display these files.)  There is also very little content for the money.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content