cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Port Type "POTS"

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm curious as to if anyone can give me the technical difference between the MGCP port type "POTS" which started showing up in 7.1 (possibly earlier, haven't checked) as compared to the old standards of Loop Start and Ground Start?  I know what the distinction between Loop Start and Ground Start is and that's all good.  However, I'm not sure what the exact purpose or reasoning is behind the newly added POTS as a port type and it's associated configurations.  It seems pretty generic and interchangeable with the other configurations for the most part so, if anyone happens to have some insight on when it is appropriate to use POTS as opposed to, say Loop Start, then I'm interested in hearing about it.

Thanks,

Hailey

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Bill Bell posted a similar query recently ... seems to be one of life's mysteries:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3032520#3032520

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: