Helpful
Replies

Reinstall Subscriber

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have the following.

Cluster 5.1, but original install DVD is 5.0.

Now I want to reinstall the sub, but the pub is on 5.1 and the install DVD is 5.0

I do have the Upgrade patch 5.1

Can I install the sub using 5.0 and then upgrade to 5.1 and resync the database?

Or do I need now 5.1 install DVD?

Any idea?

Thanks,

Jan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You should be able to boot from the 5.0 media, and will then be prompted whether you wish to install a patch during the install. Point this at your upgrade file on an SFTP server.

This works for all the versions I can remember, hopefully it wasn't something introduced after the 5.0 release!

Boot it up, you should find out pretty quick.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You should be able to boot from the 5.0 media, and will then be prompted whether you wish to install a patch during the install. Point this at your upgrade file on an SFTP server.

This works for all the versions I can remember, hopefully it wasn't something introduced after the 5.0 release!

Boot it up, you should find out pretty quick.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yeah, you are right, never tried it though.

I shall see tomorrow,

Thanks,

Jan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: