QuesCom GSM gateway integration.

Unanswered Question
Mar 15th, 2010

I've read the technical document outlining the integration between the UC500 and the QuesCom 200 gateway, but I have a client interested in using more than 2 GSM channels at a time. The QuesCom 300 seems sufficient, but I just want to verify that is a supported configuration. I imagine the solution would also integrate with the ISRs, but is this also a supported configuration?

Thanks,

Cole

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Marcos Hernandez Mon, 03/15/2010 - 13:35

Yes, this is supported. The document was written for the QuesCom 200, but it should work for any one of the gateways in their portfolio. I am updating the doc in a week or two to reflect the changes needed to get inbound calls working.

Good luck!

Marcos

greenturtlesteak Mon, 03/15/2010 - 13:38

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for the quick response. Do inbound calls work at all with the existing products available and the process just isn't documented?

Cole

Marcos Hernandez Mon, 03/15/2010 - 13:42

It works, but the process is not documented in the application note I wrote. It is documented by QuesCom and they will give you access to a paper describing a couple of ways to do it. I decided against adding this originally, because it requires you to either telnet to the gateway and type some CLI, or installing a plugin that runs within the Microsoft Management Console. Both seemed a little involved and beyond the scope of a document (mine) where I was trying to deal with the most typical deployment cases.

Thanks,

Marcos

greenturtlesteak Tue, 03/23/2010 - 09:01

Marcos,

How would I go about handling more than 2 simultaneous inbound calls to a single pilot number? 

I spoke with some cellular carriers and the feeling that I got from all the conversations was that there was no mechanism to hunt through cellular circuits. Do you know if this is common?  Is there a workaround we could use like a 3rd party call routing service to handling the hunting?

Thanks,

Cole

Actions

This Discussion