cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Daylight Savings Time

hetzelg
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed this morning that my SPA9xx phones are not indicating DST. I changed default Daylight Saving Time Rule to 'start=3/-14/7;end=11/-7/7;save=1' in the SPA9000 and same on one of the phones. But the indicated time is still not changed.

DST starts on second Sunday in March and ends on first Sunday in November.

What else needs to be done?

14 Replies 14

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

you should have 3/8/7 and 11/1/7.  middle number is # of days after the 1st of the month.  so the 8 in march means on or after the 8th.  the 7 after the 8, means on a sunday.

Thank you for reply.

I made the change you advised on the SPA9000, see that all the phones have been automatically updated with same code.

But the indicated times are still standard time, not DST.

Try using the same format you started with a few modifcations.

You started with: start=3/-14/7;end=11/-7/7;save=1

Modifications: start=3/-2/7/2;end=11/-2/7/2;save=1

What the modifications are saying is to start in the 2nd week of March on Sunday after 2:00am and end in the 2nd week of November on Sunday after 2:00am.

I changed the code as suggested.

No change in resulting indicated time; all the phones and time reported on the SPA9000 web interface still indicate standard time, not DST.

Can you try making the change to one of the phones directly?

Shortly after I submit the change to SPA9000, all the phones automatically update.

I just now checked my phone. It does have same code entered yesterday at the SPA9000 by your advice.

Time, however, is still standard time not DST.

Make sure to use 3/8/7 and 11/1/7 and then wait a few minutes past the next top of the hour.

OK, I put it back as you advised. It is now several hours past without change in result.

The displayed time is still standard time.

Please save the spa9000 config and send that.  Log into the unit as admin/advanced.  Go to the voice side.  From your browser, do a File/save as and save as html and send that so we can verify the settings. Thanks.

I tried to save it as HTML, but kept getting error message without any intelligible information about why.

Here is PDF of the Regional Settings Page.

Need more?

Are you using a NTP server?

Is the time on the spa9000 correct?  Check the info page, System Status, Current Time.

Yes, my local network server is specified.

This same server provides time on all network components including PCs and one other Server.

The phones and the SPA9000 (info page) all indicate same correct time, except not adjusted for DST.

For example at this moment the phones indicate 10:41a, my PC indicates 11:41.

i tried it here and confirmed the issue, when the time is coming from the network and not ntp server parameter, the DST settings don't take effect.  When using ntp server setting and then waiting for the next top of the hour, my unit did use the DST settings.  For the ntp server, I used "time.nist.gov"

OK, that works.

Next time around you might as well make that default server, or fix whatever prevents it from working correctly on network server.

Thanks for help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: