cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring the WRVS4400N v2 to operate with a wireless bridge

morningklein
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Motorola WRG850G wireless router setup as a wireless bridge (router functions disabled).  The SSID, channel number & security options are set identical to the WRVS.  I assigned it a static IP address of 192.168.10.148.  My WRVS is 192.168.10.1.  The DHCP addressing range is set to 192.168.10.100 through 192.168.10.149.  I have not been able to get this bridge to connect to the WRSV.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

2 Replies 2

Check the signal strength and quality of wireless link between the bridge and the router. Make sure that antennas are aligned properly to receive maximum signal strength. Check for the sources of interference on the path between the bridges. Check if the devices are compatible and upgrade the firmware accordingly.

Thanks for the response.  For configuration purposes, both devices are in the same room.  Both devices are using the latest firmware.  The security settings for both are WPA2, AES encryption with a passphrase.  I read elsewhere about various successes and failures with wireless bridging and different security settings.  Should this be a concern here due to the age difference between my WRVS4400N and my Motorola WR850G?