Unified ICM 7.5 : Service, Skill Sets, Call Types

Unanswered Question
Mar 15th, 2010

I am just wondering if Unified ICM 7.5 would fit my requirements as I am changing to another Call Centre System.

My concern is the below.

Lost Card
Credit Card

Calls had to come in according to priority above.

Calls would be assigned to Agents based on Longest Idling Time (since ICM7.5 does not offer Longest Occupied Agent)

For each Service Queue, there is a group of agents servicing it.

There are 4 different level for each agents. (Level 1 to Level 4, with level 4 being the most proficient)

In the event, when all Agents are of the same level, calls will route based on Longest Idle Time.

On a adhoc basis, we should be able to change a particular service queue to Skill Based routing,

where calls will be transferred to agents with the highest level.

When there are more than 1 Agent of the same level, calls would be routed based on Longest idle time.

I am not able to visulize how ICM 7.5 can fit this in, base on the user guide. But can ICM 7.5 do the above?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 2 (1 ratings)
david.macias Tue, 03/16/2010 - 08:47

The simple answer is yes ICM can do this.  You can use a queue to skillgroup node and use consider if statements to ensure the highest level agent gets the call first or then the LAA.

Matthew Hammitt Tue, 03/16/2010 - 09:03

Hi Joe,

Unified ICM is capable of routing calls based on your business rules. There are 10 levels of priority in ICM which should handle your need and leave overhead for future growth.

As for the skill based routing I would organize your Agents into Skill Groups based on proficiency (VIP1-VIP4 for example). When deciding where to send a new call you can utilize 'Consider If' logic within your Queue to Skill Group node to favor agents with higher proficiency over agents with lower proficiency. If there are multiple Agents within the same proficiency available you can choose the one with the Longest Idle Time by using the ICM metric LAA or Longest Available Agent.

Example: when a new VIP call comes in and Agents are Available in all 4 proficiency levels, you can arrange your logic such that agents are chosen based on VIP4>VIP3>VIP2>VIP1; but if a queuing situation is present in levels 4 and 3 while Agents in 2 and 1 (lower skill levels) are Available the call will instead go to the lower skilled VIP2 and VIP1 Agents instead of queuing for VIP4 or VIP3.

You can insert a 'Switch' node in the scripting to switch between the routing identified above and any other type of call routing you need. You can also, instead of on-the-fly switching, set a specific schedule for different types of routing to occur, such as skills-based between 4p-8p, Mon-Fri for instance.

Matt Hammitt

Please note that ICM does not support making agents a member of a skill group with differing proficiencies.

The way to work around this, as noted by the poster above, is to create skill groups for each proficiency level. In your case - 4 levels. So the number of required skill groups is 5 x 4 = 20, and the assignment of agent to skill becomes increasingly complex.

This Discussion