ip nhrp map 10.255.255.1 172.80.2.2
  ip nhrp network-id 255
  ip nhrp nhs 10.255.255.1
  keepalive 10 3
  tunnel source Ethernet0
  tunnel destination 172.80.2.2
  tunnel key 255

!

When I tru to apply the policy-map on the tunnel interface (service-policy output QOS) i am getting the following error:

"Low Latency Queueing feature is not supported in user defined class of parent level policy"

Any idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

I could be wrong but i dont think you could apply a service policy on a tunnel interface for LLQ without shaping!

Instead, you need to apply a hierarchical policy. Create a "child" or lower-level policy that configures a queueing mechanism, such as low latency queueing with the priority command and class-based weighted fair queueing (CBWFQ) with the bandwidth command.

Create a "parent" or top-level policy that applies class-based shaping. Apply the child policy as a command under the parent policy because admission control for the child class is done according to the shaping rate for the parent class.

see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4/interface/configuration/guide/inb_tun.html#wp1078284

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

I could be wrong but i dont think you could apply a service policy on a tunnel interface for LLQ without shaping!

Instead, you need to apply a hierarchical policy. Create a "child" or lower-level policy that configures a queueing mechanism, such as low latency queueing with the priority command and class-based weighted fair queueing (CBWFQ) with the bandwidth command.

Create a "parent" or top-level policy that applies class-based shaping. Apply the child policy as a command under the parent policy because admission control for the child class is done according to the shaping rate for the parent class.

see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4/interface/configuration/guide/inb_tun.html#wp1078284

How i got mine to work without this error "*Mar  1 00:22:29.695: Class Based Weighted Fair Queueing not supported on interface Tunnel0"

class-map match-all VOIP
match protocol rtp
!
!
policy-map QOS1 (child policy)
class VOIP
  priority 64

policy-map QOS   (Parent top level policy)
class class-default
  shape average 2000000
  service-policy QOS1

interface Tunnel0
service-policy output QOS

Thanks, direct hit

Another question, I sourced a tunnel interface from a point-to-point frame relay interface, but the tunnel never came up.

Any idea why!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card