Disable Agent going to Not Ready after Ring No Answer in UCCE

Unanswered Question
Mar 16th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi,

I've UCCE 7.5 setup, agents login via IPPA. When the Agent doesn't answer the call in specified number of seconds, he goes into not ready mode. I want to disable this and let the agent be in Ready mode after Ring No Answer. Its OK to let the call be abandoned on RONA kicks-in, the requirement is to disable the putting agent to "Not Ready" option. I checked but couldn't find anything in Agent Desk Setting.

Can someone pl comment on this.

Thanks,
inner_silence

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
david.macias Tue, 03/16/2010 - 09:38
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

I've never tried that, as it's best practice not do it.  However, one possible way to accomplish it is to disable the RONA timer in the agent desk setting and then disabling the same thing in the UCM.  That way the call will ring and ring and ring and never be sent to VM or sent to get RONA treatment.

david

Kapil Atrish Tue, 03/16/2010 - 22:13
User Badges:

Thanks for you reply David,

Actually I thought of doing something similar, unfortunately the RONA can't be disabled. The minimum timer available is 1 seconds, thought making it 0 will disable RONA. If I increase the RONA timer to max, it defeats the purpose. Business requirement is to let call get abandoned or RONA trigger, agent should not be put in Not Ready mode.

I contacted PDI helpdesk and they confirmed the feature is not available in UCCE. Further thoughts are very welcome.

Thanks,

inner_silence

The principle of RONA is to protect callers who are routed to an agent who is available (in the READY state and not on a call), but not at their desk, from simply ringing that agent's phone forever.

The call is sent back for treatment. If the agent were not made "not ready" by the system it could easily find that same agent and ring their phone, be rerouted by RONA, and loop continuously.

I'm sure you understand, but you will have to explain this to the customer and help them understand the nature of this processing.

Regards,

Geoff

Kapil Atrish Wed, 03/17/2010 - 23:37
User Badges:

Yes, that's how I convinced him. Actually it was more of a curosity also since this feature is pretty easily configuratble in UCCX. I wanted to crack it down in the big brother UCCE.

Thanks for your detailed clarification.

Thanks,

inner_silence

Actions

This Discussion