Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 7911 pc port settings

Abertay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know a way to change the cisco 7911 phones pc port settings from 'Auto' to a fixed 100/full?

thanks,

Matt

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can do it from the keypad, though I know that's not what you want! I've seen scripts for configuring backgrounds by pushing key presses to the phones, but how relable it would be for something as important as this is difficult to say.

What I would say is that I really only see problems with speed/duplex settings at customer sites where they have taken to setting speed and duplex manually - it's far more common for someone to mis administer a phone or PC  that for negotiation to fail these days, and I see very busy network people wasting time setting/unsetting switch ports and messing with NICs on these sites...

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

In an effort to be marginally more helpful - at http://www.myvoipsource.org/open-source-tools/ there is an app for controlling remotely the buttons on the phone for this sort of thing.

I've had some good experience of stuff on this site, but some stuff can be a little out of date...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

thanks for that. Yes its not ideal doing it from the phone itself

so I was hoping for an enterprise solution.

A lot of our devices were fixed 100/full so the phones being on auto is causing them all to connect half/100. Its either a case of networks changing all the phones or desktops doing all the pc's... whichever is the simpler!

ps.  do you know of any versions of that software that are a bit more up to date. We are on callmanager 6 currently.

Hi

I would say do the PCs, then never do it again... rather than do the phones and still be messing with these settings five years from now...

In answer to the other question - sorry, no - not aware of a newer version. I take it you tried it and it didn't work?

Aaron