cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS Show summary command question

dustinsuko
Level 1
Level 1

When I issue "show summary" within the owner of SPOT-WT-PROD-EXT (please excuse the names I didn�t pick them)

I get the below results. my question is why does content web-servers have 3.1 mil + hits when the other two content rules have the same number of hits but far less. Before I issued the show summary command I typed "zero all" to bring the counts to zero. any thoughts?

Owner                               Content Rules                         State     Services                             Service Hits

SPOT-WT-PROD-EXT         SPOT-WT-PROD-EXT-A          Master    ACE-SPOT-WT-PROD        2816 

SPOT-WT-PROD-EXT-B           Master    ACE-SPOT-WT-PROD        2816

web-servers                             Master    ACE-SPOT-WT-PROD       3162510

2 Replies 2

dtochilovsky
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like it is something in the way the services are used in the content rules. Can you provide the configurations for the contents (web-servers and SPOT-WT-PROD-EXT-A, SPOT-WT-PROD-EXT-B)?

Dmitry

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The show summary gives you info about traffic coming in.

The CSS is not responsible if it gets more traffic for one rule vs another one.

You should check upstream ....or it might be the nature of the application....the last rule attracting more users...or generating more connections.

Gilles