Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 535 got restarted... logs and crashinfo included... need help

madhusudhan s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have pix 535 running in active-standby mode with 8.0(4).. the active box got restarted...

When i checked the sh version it shows that device is up from 1 day since the restart occured..

========show version Logs=============

pdc-fw1 up 1 day 2 hours
failover cluster up 65 days 8 hours

====================================

when checked the syslog it shows the device is reloaded due to power failure...

=============Syslog logs==================

Mar 15 2010 10:30:05 text : %PIX-1-102001: (Primary) Power failure/System reload other side.

===========================================================

When checked in cisco site.....

====================================

%PIX-1-102001: (Primary) Power failure/System reload other side.

Explanation   This is a failover message. This message is logged if the primary unit  detects a power  failure on the other unit. "(Primary)" can also be listed as  "(Secondary)" for the Secondary unit.

Action: Verify that the secondary unit is  powered on and that power cables are properly connected.

==========================================

I am suspecting that power intrruption has caused this issue... but customer says ....Device having dual ups power source and says there are multiple devices connected through same spike has not affected..

further When checked in firewall there is a crashinfo stored, same i have attached below... not able to decode using output interpretur as it has support for pix/asa running till 7.x image...

need help to decode the crashinfo and help me to find the root cause....

Regards

Amar

2 Replies 2

sokakkar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Amar,

As per crash info secondary PIX crashed at 10:29:24.586 IST Mon Mar 15 2010.

I do not see any syslogs attached. Are you using authentication using RADIUS server?

If yes, this crash could be because of:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsj05862

Fixed-In
8.0(5)
8.2(0.145)
7.2(4.9)
8.1(101.6)
8.1(1.100)
8.0(4.5)

You are running 8.0(4), so you might want to upgrade to 8.0(4) latest interim.

Regards,

Sourav Kakkar

sokakkar@cisco.com

souravkakkar@gmail.com

Madhu,

It appears that you are supporting a customer.  I'd like to suggest that you open a TAC case and have the crash decoded so, you can have the TAC case and the details documented for your customer.

-KS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: