cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 HUM 1.1: Bug in editing poller?

ww9rivers
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying out HUM 1.1.0 and got this strange situation: When creating a poller, I selected two of my routers x.x.0.4 and 0.5, then selected 3 templates: CPU Utilization, Interface Errors and Interface Utilization. I did not "Poll all Instances" since not all the interfaces are active.

In the next screen, all 3 templates are shown under .0.5. But under 0.4, I only see CPU Utilization, not the other two -- See screen shot below:

2010-03-16.Available-instances.png

Is this a bug or somthing? These two are similar devices, which is why I am putting them in the same poller. When I try to create a separate poller for the x.x.0.4 device, I do get all three templates that I selected.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am unable to reproduce.  However, I have HUM 1.1.2.  Can you try upgrading, and see if you can still reproduce?

I don't see HUM 1.1.2 on www.cisco.com -- there is only HUM 1.2 which requires LMS 3.2.

OK. I have figured out the problem -- it's a problem with aliased devices in DCR (if that is the right description): Basically, the x.x.0.4 device is in DCR twice, most likely due to a problem with outdated reverse DNS entry for the IP address.

This problem has pluaged me for some time. I think I'll have to remove all the networking devices from the DNS.

Thanks.

Now a different problem:

Obviously, I was not posting a "blank message". But the website insisted that I was.