RADIUS server 10.64.16.11:1812 deactivated on WLAN 1

Thanks

Bo

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Tue, 03/16/2010 - 19:42
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Try to increase the timeouts:

config radius auth retransmit-timeout 1 5

config radius auth retransmit-timeout 2 5

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a0080810880.shtml#t5

After working with TAC, I resolved this issue recently.  Increasing the timeout value did not help. On the WLC, try:

config radius aggressive-failover disable

As per http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080665d18.shtml :

If the aggressive failover feature is enabled in WLC, the WLC is too aggressive to mark the AAA server as not responding. But, this should not be done because the AAA server is possibly not responsive only to that particular client, if you do silent discard. It can be a response to other valid clients with valid certificates. But, the WLC can still mark the AAA server as not responding and not functional.

In order to overcome this, disable the aggressive failover feature. Issue the config radius aggressive-failover disable command from the controller GUI in order to perform this. If this is disabled, then the controller only fails over to the next AAA server if there are three consecutive clients that fail to receive a response from the RADIUS server.

Gandeleg.G Tue, 04/03/2012 - 19:49
User Badges:

Dave,

Thanks for the solution.

I just experienced this issue on my WLC and disabled the aggressive-failover.

Will see if the problem happens again or not and post back.

Regards,
Delgee

Actions

This Discussion