Views
Helpful
Replies

HUM - cannot monitor calls with MIBs

sinan.tekincan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to monitor the voice and fax calls through my routers, I have HUM and I loaded the CISCO-CALL-HISTORY-MIB. However, I cannot get any data when I create a graph or report to monitor ciscoCallHistoryCallDisconnectCause as an example.

I also could not understand the meaning of the instances going from 1267073499.170396 to 1267162828.170441.

Anybody has an idea about the meaning of the insatances and what may be the reason that I cannot extract any information from this mib.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The instance IDs in the ciscoCallHistoryTable are ciscoCallHistoryStartTime and ciscoCallHistoryIndex.  ciscoCallHistoryStartTime is a TimeStamp indicating when the call started, and the ciscoCallHistoryIndex value is a unique arbitrary number to identify a specific call which had a given start time.

A TimeStamp represents the value of sysUpTime when the specific call began.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The instance IDs in the ciscoCallHistoryTable are ciscoCallHistoryStartTime and ciscoCallHistoryIndex.  ciscoCallHistoryStartTime is a TimeStamp indicating when the call started, and the ciscoCallHistoryIndex value is a unique arbitrary number to identify a specific call which had a given start time.

A TimeStamp represents the value of sysUpTime when the specific call began.

Thank you for the response,

I checked that from the router using "show call history voice/fax" and I can see the voice calls realized, but I still don't understand why I cannot pull this data using the MIB and observe from the HUM graphs and reports.

What error do you get when trying to define a poller for these objects in HUM?

Actually I can create pollers, the poller can poll the router for some time, but it does not give me a value when I create a graph. Also, when I create a report, all the fields are blank.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: