CUPC and LDAP

Unanswered Question
Mar 16th, 2010
User Badges:

I'm very new to CUPC and CUPS so hopefully this is an easy problem. I can't seem to get any results when searching in CUPC. I ran a packet sniffer while doing a search and I see the successful LDAP bind to my AD server followed by a query that looks like:

(|(givenName=elaine)(sn=elaine)(nickname=elaine)(sAMAccountName=elaine)(telephoneNumber=elaine))

When I go directly to the LDAP server and run ldp I can get a successful return with the above filter as long as the scope is set to 'Base', if I change the scope to 'One Level' or 'Subtree' it doesn't find anything. Back in Wireshark, I do see that CUPC has the scope set to 'Subtree (0x02)' but I don't know how to change it. I looked at the LDAP profile configuration page in CUPS as well as the settings on CUPC and don't see anything mentioning search scope.

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Aaron Harrison Wed, 03/17/2010 - 10:41
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

Hi

Well.. not sure what your problem here is exactly, but whether or not the substree is searched is controlled by a setting on the LDAP Profile in the CUPC menus in CUPS. There's a checkbox there ('Recursive Search') that turns this on or off.

I have mine set to recursive (as my users are in sub-OUs, so wouldn't be found otherwise) and this is how all my customer deployments have been configured.

What versions of CUPS and CUPC are you running?

I noted that my LDAP query from CUPC is set to 'Whole Subtree(2)' rather than your 'Subtree(3)'...

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Actions

This Discussion