I'm very new to CUPC and CUPS so hopefully this is an easy problem. I can't seem to get any results when searching in CUPC. I ran a packet sniffer while doing a search and I see the successful LDAP bind to my AD server followed by a query that looks like:
When I go directly to the LDAP server and run ldp I can get a successful return with the above filter as long as the scope is set to 'Base', if I change the scope to 'One Level' or 'Subtree' it doesn't find anything. Back in Wireshark, I do see that CUPC has the scope set to 'Subtree (0x02)' but I don't know how to change it. I looked at the LDAP profile configuration page in CUPS as well as the settings on CUPC and don't see anything mentioning search scope.