Views
Helpful
Replies

monitor ASA5505 over site 2 site VPN tunnel

jeroenhermans
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

We have a site to site VPN between a checkpoint and a asa5505. Everything is working fine. We would now like to monitor the asa5505 from our monitoring server which is behind the checkpoint.

I have configured the snmp community. When I check the log on the asa, I can see the request coming in from the monitoring machine and it is not being blocked. However, it is not working.

How can I fix/troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Could be a routing issue. Can you ping the monitoring server from the ASA?

Brandon

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I cannot ping the monitoring server from the ASA. But I don't think it is related as I cannot ping anythng from the ASA, or anything that is behnd the asa cannot ping anything that is on the internet.I beleive this to be a seperate issue as the asa by default does not allow ping.

I can also not telnet or ssh to the asa via the vpn tunnel, this is probably the same issue as the snmp one.

Rgds,

Jeroen

Is the monitoring server on a subnet that the ASA has a route to? Can you allow pings temporarily to test connectivity?

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: