Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0 question

safety2008
Level 4
Level 4

Good day,

I am having an issue with one user. she cannot via phone, forward messages. get system error message. i have found post on web regarding this and somehow being a permissions issue. my quetion is, since the fix requires running both permission wizard and message store config wizard, and I have never ran these. could they make an unpleasant and unknown changes. that could cause more issues.

thank you

5 Replies 5

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you send me the link for the post you found that describes the issue and the "fix", I can tell you if both of those are absolutely necessary to fix the problem.  Permissions Wizard is, I won't say benign, but what's set has been set.  You can remove permissions; however, you could increase them.  Running the Message Store Config Wizard again though may not be necessary unless it is just to sync the existing mailstore.  If that's the case, it's not harmful but it can take a long time depending on how large the system is and it eats up CPU so it should be done after hours.  For example, I had to resync the mailstore for a system of about 3000 users and it took about 4+ hours to complete.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

sure and thanks,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008091953e.shtml

this is link, and when it fails i am seeing the error in the event log.

Stanley

and just an fyi, we are rebooting  the controller tonight. i was planning ahead, for if t

he reboot does Not fix...

Ok, notice the key here is that if the issue is a permissions issue it is because of a lack of inheritance of permissions on the user affected. So, basically what this going to have you do is run Permissions Wizard exactly as you did the first time it was ran and then make sure that user object is set for inheritance. The step after that is what I was talking about, it will be a resync with the message store.

Something to watch out for is this - AD has the concepts of protected groups which are Domain Admins, Print Operators, etc. There are several protected groups. These users are protected by a process called AdminsSDHolder which runs on an interval. You should ensure that this user (or users) is NOT a member of any AD protected group before-hand. If they are, remove them. Otherwise, the AdminsSDHolder will overwrite the user property changes the next time it runs and you'll hit the same thing.

I can elaborate further but we'll leave it at that for now. Let me know how your work goes this evening.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

David,

Sorry for delay user was out. anyhow the dc reboots had no effect. after searching error code again, found a post in which the reliable Mr Mangnani had someone with a similar error\different problem. he had them check under the exchange security tab. and i found the unity accounts had "disappeared" from her profile. not sure how that happened, but added back and all seems well.

Thank you and the other talented people out there, without whom i be up the shift creek!!

thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: