Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meetingplace Express 2.0 Questions

Hello,

I just installed MPE 2.0 and am having trouble getting it configure the way I want.

1)   When I open a web meeting, all users by default are presenters.   This means they get the option of sharing their desktop unless I manually make them an audience member.   Is there a way to change the default on this so that everyone except the meeting organizer is an audience member?

2)   What is the "Participant list only" option used for?   When I select this option, nobody can share their desktop.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey Glenn, how are you?  Are you using the default system profiles to enroll users or did you set up custom configurations?  Profiles in MPE typically contain settings like User ID, permission type, and meeting preferences.  The permission type is what determines whether users are hosts or participants.  If you want to shoot me a look at what you have set up, I can take a look to see if I can be of assistance.

Participant list only.  This is actually intended to be used when you have more voice ports than web ports.  So, participant list only requires no licenses and reserves full web capabilities for users that need to actually share and collaborate via the web on the conference.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hailey,

Thanks for the response.   I guess what I don't understand is if I have someone attend a web meeting as a guest, they immediately get the option to share their desktop.   I do not want to allow them to do this.   I want to default everyone that logs in as guest to be an audience member, not a presenter.   I sure there is a check box I'm missing somewhere but don't know where it is.   I can send you my configs but not sure how to do this.   Do you want screen shots?

Thanks,

Glenn

Yeah, you can send screen shots. If you want to send me to my personal address - send me a PM and I'll provide that. I may be a little bit as I have some things in the pipe today but I can also try to look at another system to see if that helps me find what you're looking for.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: