Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0 problem

hiepnguyenho
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have a problem with Unity 4.0 Voice Mail system.

For example, I have 3 IP Phone: 1001, 1002, 1003

- I register a subscriber with Unity, directory number is 1001 for example. 1002, 1003 can dial this phone and send voice mail normally.

- And I register 1002 with Unity. 1002 can not send voice mail to 1001 anymore. The system says that service is unavailable when i press 1 to send message.In this case, 1003 can still send voice mail to 1001 and 1002 normaly.

- When i delete 1002 subscriber in Unity, everything is ok. 1002 can send voice mail to 1001.

Please tell me why this happen. Thank you very much.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most probably you're having permissions issues, try running the PW wizard and check the permissions inheritance

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Hi

PW also applies permissions to AD to allow the Unity service accounts to edit attributes (i.e. to add unity related attributes to the subscribers' AD accounts).

It also applies permissions to Mailbox Stores in Exchange, so that the service accounts can read/send as the subscribers.

See this for a full list of what it does:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/PermissionsWizard/Unity50/Help/PWHelpPermissionsSet_ENU.htm

It's basically an additive process, so running it won't break anything, but will fix things that may have been removed and can add permissions to mailbox stores that have been added since it was run originally.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most probably you're having permissions issues, try running the PW wizard and check the permissions inheritance

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Javalenc,

Thanks a lot for your support. Could you please explain more clearly about permission inheritance problem here? As i know, Cisco Unity Permissions Wizard grants permissions to Windows users that install Cisco Unity or own one or more Cisco Unity services. Some kind of roles: installation account, service account... So please tell me why do PW affect subscriber user, and how to fix this problem with PW.

Hi

PW also applies permissions to AD to allow the Unity service accounts to edit attributes (i.e. to add unity related attributes to the subscribers' AD accounts).

It also applies permissions to Mailbox Stores in Exchange, so that the service accounts can read/send as the subscribers.

See this for a full list of what it does:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/PermissionsWizard/Unity50/Help/PWHelpPermissionsSet_ENU.htm

It's basically an additive process, so running it won't break anything, but will fix things that may have been removed and can add permissions to mailbox stores that have been added since it was run originally.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Ok thanks a lot for your help. I will try this at my customer system and report the result here.

I have run Permission Wizard on my Unity server, but there was a problem:

Active directory rights granted

Microsoft Exchange 2000 mailstore rights:  htmobile.corp/Configuration/Services/Microsoft Exchange/htmobile/Administrative  Groups/First Administrative Group/Servers/HAN-MSG-01/InformationStore/First  Storage Group/Mailbox Store (HAN-MSG-01)

• SUCCEEDED granting Send As (with conflicting DENIAL) rights
  • SUCCEEDED granting Receive As (with conflicting DENIAL) rights

Microsoft Exchange 2000 mailstore rights:  htmobile.corp/Configuration/Services/Microsoft Exchange/htmobile/Administrative  Groups/First Administrative Group/Servers/HAN-MSG-01/InformationStore/Recovery  Storage Group/Mailbox Store (HAN-MSG-01)

• FAILED granting Send As rights
  • FAILED granting Receive As rights

Microsoft Exchange 2000 mailstore rights:  htmobile.corp/Configuration/Services/Microsoft Exchange/htmobile/Administrative  Groups/First Administrative Group/Servers/HCM-MSG-01/InformationStore/First  Storage Group/Mailbox Store (HCM-MSG-01)

• FAILED granting Send As rights
  • FAILED granting Receive As rights
  • Everything is ok but 4 things in the figure. Please tell me how to resolve this problem. Thank you very much.

• Hi

Looks like someone has probably denied access to either the account you are running PW as, or to one of the groups which it is a member of (e.g. Domain Admins) in order to prevent people adding permissions to the mailbox stores.

You'll need to take it up with your Exchange admin.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Finally, the problem is solved. I found that the AvCsMgr service user doesnt have permission on user mailbox "send as". I have rechecked it and run PW. Everything is ok. Thank you very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: