cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade of VG224 IOS didn't seem to work

gmerrick
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I have attempted to upgrade the IOS of my VG224 -12.4.(15)T5 - several times to no apparent avail, using the vg224-i6s-mz.124-25c.bin and vg224-i6s-mz.150-1.M2.bin images.  I am having a problem with Polycom conference phones (have to enter numbers very rapidly to join a conference clal) I'd really like to solve.

I have TFTP'd the new IOS images both to slot1 and flash, then utilized these commands at config terminal to load the new IOS:

no boot system
boot system slot1:[file name]

I then ran show run | include boot to verify the "boot system" entry was pointing to the right place.  I then wrote to memory and reloaded the router.  Unfortunately, when it came up it showed the same old IOS.  It still shows what should be the correct boot system location, so I'm not sure what's wrong here.  Doesn't seem to work either from flash or slot1.

Can anyone provide any insight?

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hmmm... maybe try:

Verify slot1:filename

To see if the MD5 is what is was supposed to be...?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Sorry for asking this on an old post. I made a mistake and did not name the file for slot0 anyone know how to remove an unnamed file in slot0?

r.babb
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue.

Do you have access to the console to see an error message during startup.  I'm wondering if there is something kicking that image out. Do we need to upgrade the bootstrap as well?

I would definitely check that the VG224 also has sufficient memory to boot the image. Connecting via console port and monitoring the boot sequence events would also be helpful. Make sure to save the output and post it.

j.burwell
Level 1
Level 1

Even though this post is old, I figured I would post with the resolution I was given for the exact same problem I was having when attempting to upgrade a VG224 just in case anyone else hits this problem and sees this post as I did when searching for a solution.

The problem for my VG224 ended up being the config-register was not set to 0x2102. It was set to another value ( I have no idea why) and the VG224 was ignoring the boot statement when booting and booting with the first .bin image file on flash which was the old image. Chaning the config-register value to 0x2102 resolved the problem.

Brilliant. That exactly what my problem was as well. It's all fixed now.

Thanks

Bushra

Changing the config-resister worked.  Thanks.

Changing the config register also fixed my issue.

thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: