Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending an empty Caller ID to the outside world

Fraser Reid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All.

I have inherited a CCM 4.2 and would like to send no caller ID from a few registered phones.

How do I do this ? As far as I know I can either send "a number" or a mask of "xxxx" which will automagically insert the Extension of the telephone for me.......

both of these options are not what I would like

Just the ability to stop the called person from seeing a few of my extensions when called.

ie when I call an outside number over PSTN that the called party sees no telephone number when I call (CLID?)

Thanks

Fraser

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is your connection to PSTN ?

Deutsche telekom E1 PRI Connected to a C-2851 Voice Gateway Router

I'm not familiar with CM config, but in somewhere there should a section about that.

It should set a certain bit in ISDN that blocks caller-id on a call-by-call basis.

If it doesn't have that, and you use H.323, it is possible to do some configuration on the router to the same effect.

Hi

On your route pattern in CCM; try setting 'Calling Line ID Presentation' and 'Calling Name Presentation' to RESTRICTED.

Alternately you may be able to dial a prefix before the number in order to hide it - in the UK we can dial 141 then the number we want to dial, and this withholds ID.

A google search suggests for Deutsche Telecom this may be *31#, but check with them if it doesn't work.

Set up your route pattern so that it removes the external access digit (e.g. 9) then inserts the prefix.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The prefix is better because it allows per-call control that is often preferred. CME has embedded support for that.

Then (if h.323) it can converted as said bit above at GW level, or passed like that to telco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: