UCCX 8 and Holiday Script

Answered Question
Mar 17th, 2010

Hello,

we set up some scripts in UCCX 7.0.1 with access to c:\program files\wfavvid. These scripts (holiday scripts & webpages for customer based call routing) which are xml-Files are stored on the files system, changed by web-interaction and read by some UCCX-scripts.

As far as I know in UCCX 8 there will be no more file access. Is there a possibility to bring these scripts to part of the filesystem in UCCX 8 Server? Or should we transfer all scripts (even holiday scripts) from xml-files to txt-files and bring them in the document-store on UCCX? One problem of the document store is that we have no web-interaction with this store so customers could not change the files via a web page.

We have an Enhanced Version of UCCX.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much

Andreas

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 4 years 1 month ago

Hi

In that case I guess I would be considering two options:

1) Switch from a web page for management to an IVR-based management - set up a script which allows them to dial in, and select changes. Probably only appropriate for simple-ish setups (i.e. selecting from several different types of routing from a menu or programming a divert-to number etc).

2) Move the web page off box to a separate server, and have the UCCX server get the information from that server.... You can do this by using a 'create URL document' to set up the URL, then do a 'create xml document' to pull back the file from the URL. I believe this should work in Enhanced as it's a document step rather than a HTTP contact step...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Aaron Harrison Wed, 03/17/2010 - 03:41

Hi

You should already be storing your XML files in the Document repository on the Windows UCCX versions. Reasons to do this include:

- If you run a HA cluster, the XML files are then replicated

- If you back up the cluster, your settings are backed up

- If you run upgrades etc, the upgrades should not deleted your data (this happened all the time, especially on 4.x versions when you applied SRs or upgrades)

To upload to the repository, you would need to use a Get User step to get a user object to upload as, authenticate that user with the Auth User step, the use an Upload Document step to get it into the repository.

Regards

Aaron

andreas.eichhor... Wed, 03/17/2010 - 03:50

Hi Aaron,

thanks for your fast response. Yes, you are right when we are talking about static files.

Buit we have also some files that are changed by customers via a webpage. For example:

With a webpage the customer is controlling the way how call routing is done. The webpage reads a xml file from the file system and if the customer is changing something the script saves a new xml-file on the filessstem. The UCCX Script is reading the xml file and use the information for call routing.

If we are chaning the place of the script from file system to repository we have the problem that we have no web access on this any longer and that the customer could not change the call routing.

Best regards

Andreas

Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Wed, 03/17/2010 - 04:46

Hi

In that case I guess I would be considering two options:

1) Switch from a web page for management to an IVR-based management - set up a script which allows them to dial in, and select changes. Probably only appropriate for simple-ish setups (i.e. selecting from several different types of routing from a menu or programming a divert-to number etc).

2) Move the web page off box to a separate server, and have the UCCX server get the information from that server.... You can do this by using a 'create URL document' to set up the URL, then do a 'create xml document' to pull back the file from the URL. I believe this should work in Enhanced as it's a document step rather than a HTTP contact step...

Regards

Aaron

andreas.eichhor... Wed, 03/17/2010 - 07:56

Hello Aaron,

your second point was the one we needed. Thank you for this hint. I tested this solution and it worked.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Andreas

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted March 17, 2010 at 3:37 AM
Stats:
Replies:5 Avg. Rating:5
Views:3424 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content