cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW2008 Protocol

SegmuellerEDV
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about my Cisco Small Business Switch SRW2008.

I know that this Switch should work with VRRP.

But now my question: works this Switch with the specific Cisco Protocols GRBP or HRRP too?

Thanks for your Answers.

3 Replies 3

alissitz
Level 4
Level 4

I believe you are asking about GLBP and HSRP correct?  Just want to make sure as the letters are not the same as what you typed.

All three of these protocols should work fine over these switches.  Are you lab testing a specific customer scenario?

HTH,

Andrew Lissitz

Yes, I mean GLBP and HSRP. I type the wrong letters...

Yes, we have two Cisco Routers, from another Company were we couldn´t make any change, that make GLBP at the moment. Our core Network isn´t Cisco so the backup funktion doesn´t work, because our Network don´t understand that Protocol. Now we want to make a simple Backupnetwork with two SRW2008 Switches, but before we could implement this, we have to know if these Switches work with GLBP or another possible Protocol.

GLBP is a pretty advanced load balancing and redundancy protocol.

No worries from the switching side.  As per the protocol operation, you can expect a few seconds (depends on the configs) downtime while ARP caches on the clients and MAC address tables on the switches are updated. Gratuitus arp helps with this in the case of HSRP.

Also to note, the SRW switches only support standardized trunking.  So if you are trunking these switches with Cisco gear, make sure that everything uses standardized protocols.  If you have multiple vlans and need to perform frame tagging, then keep this in mind for the uplinks / trunk links.

Just note as well ... there is an 8 port 2960 switch if you wanted to look at a Cisco model.

HTH,

Andrew Lissitz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X