Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference Between voicemail spoken-name & voicemail callerid

mokader
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am new to CUE, please help me understand what is the difference between voicemail spoken-name & voicemail callerid

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mohammed,

Here are the descriptions of these two feature/settings;

Support for caller ID information in incoming messages.    Permits playing of caller identification information as part of the message envelope for new incoming voice mail messages.

Calling line identification (CLID) as part of envelope
information

Cisco Unity Express includes, as a configuration option, CLID information for all voicemail
messages, whether they originate internally or from the public switched telephone network
(PSTN).

https://cisco-support.hosted.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-5648;jsessionid=9CBA823225A1036573F11C952422770C.node0

The "Spoken name" is recorded by users at the same time as the greeting during
the first time setup.

voice mail spoken name capability—Enabling this functionality permits receipt of a voice mail originator's spoken name, which is played at the beginning of the received voice mail message.

http://www.cisco.rw/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps5520/product_data_sheet0900aecd806aefe4.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply!

From your repiy, I understood,

1. voicemail callerid - Permits playing of caller identification information as part of the  message envelope for new incoming voice mail messages. (config at recipient side)

2. spoken name - Enables sending the spoken name of the voice-mail  originator as part of the message.(config at originator side)

I have a question here,

If a originator enables the spoken name and sent a voicemail to a recipient. If the recipient disables the callerid - Do recipient hear the originator name when he listen to voicemail. ?

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Hi Mohammed,

You are most welcome my friend

For your question/example,

The recipient would hear the "spoken name" but not the Caller's

directory number (caller-id).

Cheers!

Rob