Views
Helpful
Replies

callmanager hunt group

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we have a request to create a 3-person hunt group.

The concept would be that if anyone in a group is called and they do not answer, the call would roll to the next person. The call should roll to each person until there is no answer or someone picks up. If no one answers the call should go to the voice mail of the original person dialed. We do not want to use 800 numbers for these groups.

Is there anyway to accomplish this? I do not see how this can be configured.

thanks

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Several steps:

1) Create a line group, and add the three lines you want in the group. Set the Distribution Algorithm to Circular.

2) Create a hunt list, and add the line group

3) Create a hunt pilot, and give it a number, and select the hunt list. Also on here, configure max hunt timer to how long you want it to ring before going to VM, and set the Busy/No Answer to your voicemail pilot number.

4) Finally, set the fwd busy/no answer of each of the three lines to the hunt pilot number.

Now, if you call one of those extensions, the call will (if not answered or busy) go to the hunt group, and ring around until the max hunt timer. At that point, it will go to voicemail. If you are using Unity, Unity looks at the first redirected number when choosing a mailbox, so the call will go to the original called person's mailbox.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Several steps:

1) Create a line group, and add the three lines you want in the group. Set the Distribution Algorithm to Circular.

2) Create a hunt list, and add the line group

3) Create a hunt pilot, and give it a number, and select the hunt list. Also on here, configure max hunt timer to how long you want it to ring before going to VM, and set the Busy/No Answer to your voicemail pilot number.

4) Finally, set the fwd busy/no answer of each of the three lines to the hunt pilot number.

Now, if you call one of those extensions, the call will (if not answered or busy) go to the hunt group, and ring around until the max hunt timer. At that point, it will go to voicemail. If you are using Unity, Unity looks at the first redirected number when choosing a mailbox, so the call will go to the original called person's mailbox.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron:

works great - thanks

had found another way which seems to provide same  result:

use the pers pref check box  in the pilot & set the cf/no coverage to vm for the dn

thanks again

Rob

Hi

Yeah, that works too - the idea is if each person forwarding to the hunt needs a different destination (i.e their assistant or something) you can tick that, and the individual users' CF No Cov will be followed.

Good to hear you have it working.

Aaron

i have similar issues. Actually am not into voice configuration but want to setup hunt group in my organisation. My UC is 2921 router. kindly assist with the steps and configuration for that.

please help to get this done ASAP.

Thank you in advance.