Views
Helpful
Replies

qos input-queue

Aqdas Muneer
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

had a question regarding the configuration of the ingree-queue on a 3560. Here is the configuration from my switch

mls qos srr-queue input threshold 1 8 16

mls qos srr-queue input threshold 2 34 66

mls qos srr-queue input dscp-map queue 1 threshold 3  0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

mls qos srr-queue input dscp-map queue 1 threshold 3  32

mls qos srr-queue input dscp-map queue 2 threshold 1  16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

mls qos srr-queue input dscp-map queue 2 threshold 2  33 34 35 36 37 38 39 48

mls qos srr-queue input dscp-map queue 2 threshold 2  49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

mls qos srr-queue input dscp-map queue 2 threshold 2  57 58 59 60 61 62 63

mls qos srr-queue input dscp-map queue 2 threshold 3  24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

mls qos srr-queue input dscp-map queue 2 threshold 3  40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

i believe this is the default configuration generated by auto-qos. here is the output from a show mls qos input-queue command

Queue     :       1       2

----------------------------------------------

buffers   :         67      33

bandwidth :      90      10

priority  :          0      10

threshold1:       8      34

threshold2:      16      66

so my question is if i have only two threshold configured for each queue, how come the switch put certain dscp values in queue 2 threshold 3. check the highlighted lines. its really confusing me.

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You have 3 thresholds :-)

Two configurable; and one implicit one - the end of the queue.

So for queue 1 in your output -

Thresh 1 - 8

Thresh 2 - 16

Thresh 3 - 100% of available buffer space.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You have 3 thresholds :-)

Two configurable; and one implicit one - the end of the queue.

So for queue 1 in your output -

Thresh 1 - 8

Thresh 2 - 16

Thresh 3 - 100% of available buffer space.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

that clears all the confusion.

thanks.

Well - probably clears some of it.

There'll be more

I like to think I know a thing or two but they don't make it simple!

Hi,

Is there any difference in  Qos configuration of 37xx series switches  and 45XX ,65xx?

can anyone clarify ?

For Qos what parameters are the most important?

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Yes, QoS configurations differ, as often do the supported QoS features.  Additionally, with the chassis devices, QoS features may vary based on installed line card(s) and/or supervisor (and sometimes QoS version too).

As to which QoS parameters are most important, that would be an "it depends" answer.

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

aqdas,

it is very easy to get confused with Qos.

The ingress queue has a total of 4 queues. The first 2 are used internally by the system for inter-stack communication and priority packets originated from the CPU. Out of the 4 queues, only 2 may be configured. One queue is priority by default, which has bigger priority weight. The other qeueue is the normal queue used of rtraffic that is considered to be best effort. within each of the queues are 3 weighted tail drop threasholds with that allow for 2 threasholds to be configured and the third fixed at 100%.

Francisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card