Views
Helpful
Replies

2 weird problems with LAP1142N

csdhr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I've got 2 wierd problems using our 1142N APs I can't seam to solve.

We are configured to have 3 WLANs. 2 of them are H-REAP, with a VLAN number depending on the building the AP is in. The last one is a Guest VLAN.

First : When some APs are rebooted, H-REAP VLAN id is changed. Let's say I assigned VLAN 749, on reboot it's going to be VLAN 799 for no apparent reason.

Second : In one of our building, the guest VLAN doesn't work. There are 6 APs there, and all 6 doesn't work. I've been looking through our config to see any differences and I can't seam to find one. It usually is the first VLAN to work...

Anybody can help me with these?

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How many WLC's and what model are they?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yeah.. not too smart of me to forget this part..

WiSM module in a Cat6k9, version 6.0.188

Make sure your wlans on each WLC on the WiSM's are identical, that can cause your H-REAP AP's from getting a different configuration.

-Scott

I just switched a group of APs from one controller to the other, some VLANs got wrong when moved.

Still problematic is the Guest WLAN not working..

Okay... so is guest working at other locations?  Post your show run-config on each WLC's if possible.

-Scott

The exact same config works in every other locations we have (27 other locations).

For the VLAN Problem, I moved some AP to WLC2, the problem was shown. I changed the VLAN and saved the controller config. I moved them back to WLC1, the problem reappeared. Changed it back, saved, rebooted the APs and everything seamed fine. I'll do that to all the APs..

Here are my runing configs. They make the WLC Config Analyzer crash

Okay... you have a lot going on in that config.... so help me out a bit.  Give me an AP name that is giving you and issue and

what nativ vlan it should have and ssid to vlan mapping.  What is your guest interface and location or AP that guest is not working.

-Scott

Guest WLAN problems are on all APs starting with 049-

Guest WLAN = Visiteur

Native VLAN for the APs is 949

Pedago should be mapped to VLAN 749 and Administration to VLAN 449

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: