Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

I've been trying to get the 7916 working properly with a 7965 phone. I've referenced here http://https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/7470 and followed the link given within. I've tried to remove the phoneload from flash and then reload it. However at this time the zipped file only creates the directory of flash:/phone/7916, no file is actually loaded. I don't know where else I can come up with the file that is needed and am hoping someone can help me get a hold of it. I'm not certain that is the underlying issue, as the buttons have previously been configured and operate as expected. The problem is I haven't for the life of me been able to get the labels to come up for the buttons. It just sits there with a blue screen. I've previously checked everything in the doc before removing the file. I removed it without realizing it would be difficult to find a loadable copy. The only thing I could find left to do was see if it was corrupted somehow by installing a fresh one. Also I was going to give a go of the last command referenced here http://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/2706. the telephony service command. Any help on all of this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stephanie

17 Replies 17

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

So I found the load. I tried that command more specifically I entered

telephony-service

load 7916-24 PHONES/7916/B016-1-0-4.SBN

The file I thought wasn't being uploaded actually was it just ended up at the bottom of the Flash file list. i overwrote it with the different file anyway.

Still nothing.

Any clue as to why the labels wouldn't be showing up on the module. Yes the buttons have been configured via CCA. It defaults the label to the ephone-dn label, good. However once the voice>userextensions page is refreshed the labels are faded out, I assume this is due to them already having the label configured for the dn's. I'm at a loss here. Any thoughts?

Stephanie

Could the problem be something here?

dir flash:/phone/7916

165 -rw-     166179     Mar 17 2010 13:10:24 -05:00     B016-1-0-4.SBN

I noticed this isn't looking the same as what Steve Di Stefano shows his as and I too am running 8.0.0

I also just tried

UC540#cd 7916

%Error in getting status for flash:/7916 (File not found)

Stephanie,

You know what....I no longer have tftp server statements or flash files for my system either????

I think I am going crazy :-(

But we should since they are in the default config:

7914, 7915 and 7916's tftp statement and telephone-service load
     CLIS are there in default config

tftp-server flash:/phones/7914/S00105000400.sbn alias S00105000400.sbn

tftp-server flash:/phones/7915/B015-1-0-4.SBN alias B015-1-0-4.SBN

tftp-server flash:/phones/7916/B016-1-0-4.SBN alias B016-1-0-4.SBN

telephony-service
  load 7914 S00105000400
  load 7915-12 B015-1-0-4
  load 7915-24 B015-1-0-4
  load 7916-12 B016-1-0-4
  load 7916-24 B016-1-0-4

BTW, the sidecar Power must be applied (same as phone brick) and connect sidecard to phone and enter ephone type CLI as well:

ephone-6
   type 7961 addon 1 7914
   restart

This help?

Well, I launched Phone Load manager and saw whaty I didnt have them :-)

I am adding them now.....  try this too....  this way there is no CLI hacking required...

CCA_sidecar.GIF

I had originally tried that. I didn't realize they made it there all the way because it added the directory of 7916 in the area with the rest of the phones directory, but stuck the actual file at the bottom of the flash file list. So yes CCA works... I've gone ahead and deleted and readded it through CCA,

You stated type 7961 addon 1 7916... the module is on a 7965. Would this be my problem? It's set for type 7965, otherwise my case is the same.

Thanks for your help

Stephanie

I use a 7914 on a 7961 so my ephone command is different than yours on purpose.  I just dont have a 7916.   7916 is compatible with your phone model per http://www.ciscosystems.lt/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/data_sheet_c78-468673.html, so good there...

You know what I think?   I think the phone load needs to be in the sub directory and I saw the error you had pointing to the flat flash directory a few posts above...

If you let CCA add the phone load, it should tuck it away into the sub directory flash:/phones/7916 and then the tftp server statements should state the same, and the load statement in telephony -service should use the alias....

You doing all that so i

Doe it look like this?

UC540#sh run | inc 7916
tftp-server flash:/phones/7916/B016-1-0-4.SBN alias B016-1-0-4.SBN
load 7916-12 B016-1-0-4
load 7916-24 B016-1-0-4
UC540#dir flash:/phones/7916
Directory of flash:/phones/7916/

203  -rw-      166179  Mar 17 2010 16:03:00 -05:00  B016-1-0-4.SBN

And you do have the power cord, right?

Steve

That's exactly what I show. And yes pwr cube 3 is plugged in.

Stephanie Heidemann

Then why isnt yours working?   :-)

OK, Here is my ephone CLI.

ephone  12
device-security-mode none
video   
mac-address 001A.A136.CF24
ephone-template 16
username "SevenSixtyone" password 12345
type 7961 addon 1 7914
button  1:18 2m13 12w12 14m15
button  16m14

Show us yours, and your debug tftp events please....

Well mine shows

ephon 6

device-security-mode none

video

mac-addres ***

ephone-template 16

but then that's what they all say, however under

show ephone 7965, where I can see what's going on I don't see 10.1.1.13 * 52508 7965... nothing about the module 7916.I did add the statement type 7965 addon 1 7916-24. Also the buttons like I said are configured, and working. They just won't label, only a blue screen.

Stephanie

I dont see the "type 7965 addon 1 7916-24"?

Its getting well past yabba dabba dooo time here in RTP, so if you leave me 'debug tftp events' i can look tomorrow or someone can help, but I am seeing a missing type in your ephone and it wont work for sure without that first....

Happy St. Patrick's Day,

Steve

Hi SHeidemann,

If you used CCA then it would have placed in there all the appropriate lines of codes such as the following:

tftp-server codes for both the phones and the side cart

directory structure on the Flash and the files to suit in their respective folders

telephony-service entries

You will then need to specify the type in the ephone section and also add the addon command as well.

Its getting well past yabba dabba dooo time here in RTP,

I need to find this yabba dabba dooooooo time, it sounds like an interesting place to be :)

I found the most unusual thing the other day, a flash card that would not allow files to be loaded up on it, if you used a card reader, placed the files in their folders and then put the card in the UC it would need see those files, this is the first time i have ever seen such as thing.

If i do not use CCA i then take the card out, and i do a complete file dump, i always have a flash card directory on my system with up-too-date files on it so i can easily do a quick file dump, i also make sure the corrosponding tftp-server and telephony-service commands are in a txt file so i can quickly do a txt dump as well.

We all have to learn some of the more nifty tricks, but the key is to make sure that all your commands originate from a CCA install, this way they are the same and consitant all the time.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks for the reply,

I'm afraid that I've been keeping in line with the CCA and it is not resolving my issue. I've watched the debug tftp and can see the 7916 file request and sent then completed successfully. I'm not quite sure how to capture the debug as I've been working remotely. I'm going back on site today. I figure I will grab the expansion module and see how it tests out else where. I've made the statement type 7965 addon 1 7916-24. Is there any other way of applying a label to a button. The label is configured on the dn that is mapped to the buttons. The buttons are monitor buttons, and they light up when the monitored line is in use, but there is no label. What would prevent the label from displaying?

Baffled

Stephanie

Buttons are created and assigned using CCA's COnfiguration drawer:  Telephony:VOice:User extensions.   You select the phone.  It appears at the bottom (it auto detects just the phone), you click the arrow to open the drop down.  You select the phone with the side car.   Then the buttons appear to label and assign.

Apply and save.