cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD with UCCX and DN assigned to multiple phones

viawest.net
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CAD 6.6 with UCCX 7.0. Our agents do not connect through the back of the phone. Their CAD is runnin separately. Most of our agents have no problem controlling their desk phones from the CAD. However, a few users have multiple devices assigned to their end user. I have thus far been unable to determine how CAD determines which line instance (or phone) to control when making and receiving calls.

Example: Can anyone tell me how CAD determines which phone to take off hook when a user makes a call from CAD?

Example: Some users have a phone and a device profile. When they use CAD to make a call it takes their phone off-hook. If they then login to another phone using extension mobility CAD will take that phone off hook when making a new call, but not the original desk phone where the line permanently exists. Can anyone explain this behavior?

Thanks,

Preston

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Duplicate lines are tricky with any CTI app.

If you read the release notes for UCCX, you will see that shared lines and duplicated line appearances are unsupported configurations. The IPCC extension property of the user account is what determines which line is controlled, and this isn't device specific.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/release/notes/uccx701rn.pdf

If your users need to be mobile, give them a single EM profile.

If they don't want EM, give them a static phone.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Duplicate lines are tricky with any CTI app.

If you read the release notes for UCCX, you will see that shared lines and duplicated line appearances are unsupported configurations. The IPCC extension property of the user account is what determines which line is controlled, and this isn't device specific.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/release/notes/uccx701rn.pdf

If your users need to be mobile, give them a single EM profile.

If they don't want EM, give them a static phone.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

Thanks for the response. This is understandable and expected. However, we have agents with multiple line appearances and they are able to control one of the line appearances at a given time. So it would appear that while it may work, there is no way to determine or set which line appearance CAD is going to use. Does that sound about right?

Hi

Yes, that's it...

Curious - why do you need the multiple line appearances anyway?

Aaron

Most agents only have an EM profile, but supervisors are assigned their own phone, IP Communicator, and EM profile. I tested again with a supervisor and there is definately no ryme or reason to which line appearance it decides to control. Would be nice if you could select the line appearance simmilar to how ClickToCall works, but this definately answers my question. Thanks!

Hi

No problem.

I would suggest the simple solution of just having them log in using EM, regardless of having a 'personal' phone.. I'm not aware of any drawback to this other than having to log in again when you've logged in elsewhere...

If they don't like it, let them suffer with random call control until it seems like a better option

Regards

Aaron

Blame Calabrio as this is a software "feature" bug, rather than a

limitation of the technology.

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 2:14 PM, viawest.net

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: