cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Picking up first line appearance even when phone is ringing

Audy Bautista
Level 1
Level 1

UC560.  I have a few phones setup with multiple ephone-dns with multiple DIDs.  How can I setup my 7960 phone so that if line 3 is ringing (for example) or no matter what line rings, when I pick up my handset, it always defaults to picking up line 1. In other words, I always want my handset to pickup line 1 at all times.  Is this possible?  Thanks.

4 Replies 4

This is not possible, unless the DN assigned to button 3 is shared with the DN assigned to button 1. You can auto select a line when going off hook (to get dialtone), but not when an inbound call hits the phone. I have been thinking about your request and I can't really understand why you would want that.

Marcos

Client wants it this way because there have shared lines on their phones where they want to see the lines ring, but they want to be able to pickup dial tone for line one even  if the other shared lines ring.    Is there any way around this?

You can do this.

Under an ephone...

auto-line 1

This assumes that button 1 is the one that you want to go offhook on.  To answer a ringing line, you must press answer or the ringing line button.

http://www.cisco.com.kz/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_a1ht.html#wp1031297

This is exactly what I was looking for.  Tested and resolved my issues.  Thank you Steven!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: