cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access-Point Names in Site Survey 7921 / 7925

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

In some of our facilities, I'm able to see the AP name in my survey tool of my 792x phone.  Yet in others, I only see the MAC address.  Am I missing a WLC configuration somewhere that allows this to appear on my phone?

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Define "others"?  The Site Survey tool of the 7921/7925 is limited to the SSID the phones are configured to go.  If you, for example, use the 7921/7925 tool to survey the local supermarket they won't see it unless the SSID they were configured are not there.

Thanks for the reply.  Functionally, the phone works throughout the entire building and I'm only referring to 1 internal SSID used by the phones in my scenarios described below.

We have a multi-floor building.  One some floors of the building, while using my 7925, I'm able to view the AP name.  Yet - on other floors of the same building, I see only the AP MAC address.

We have floors mapped to specific WLCs. So floor 1 will be mapped to WLC 1, floor 2 will be mapped to WLC 2....etc.   So it must be a setting with the WLC that publishes the AP name to the phone.

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Need to ensure Aironet Extensions is enabled in the WLC/AP config.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card