Views
Helpful
Replies

default media resource group list on CUCM

jbastardo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

What will be the easiest way to check what media resources (CFB , Xcode) have been assigned by default to the default MRGL. I have a CUCM cluster with 90 media resources and would like to know a quick way to see which of those resources are on the default MRGL because their weren't assigned to MRG.

Thanks Jesus Sosa

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you are familiar with the DB schema you could mine the info from there...

However, best practice suggests you do not use the default resource allocation scheme. I would recommend:

1) You add all resources to a dummy MRG

2) You add the resources that should be available to a given device pool to that device pool as normal.

This approach will ensure you aren't accidentally invoking sub-optimal resources.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try to create a new MRG, whatever has not been assigned to a MRG already will show up as an option and that's what the default MRG has

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Media resources can be a member of more than one MRG right? So they'll all show up...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

jbastardo
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, great tip !!

Hi

If you are familiar with the DB schema you  could mine the info from there...

However, best practice suggests you do not use the default resource allocation scheme. I would recommend:

1) You add all resources to a dummy MRG

2) You add the resources that should be available to a given device pool to that device pool as normal.

This approach will ensure you aren't accidentally invoking sub-optimal resources.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron,

you are correct, when adding a dummy MRG or MRGL all media resources shows as available, so i am not able to easily spot  which ones are unassigned and falling into the default mrgl

I think your suggestion of adding dummy MRG and dumping all media resources there will prevent unwanted media resources from being assigned because o the default mrgl

Thanks to you and Java for taking the time to answer, much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: