QPM Shaping and Nested Policies

Unanswered Question
Mar 17th, 2010

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

I'm getting ready for a QPM deployment and I have come across some issues in testing.

I have an Ethernet interface which I need to apply a shaper so I can limit the egress traffic sent to our WAN provider. Then do CB queuing under the shaper.

It looks like I do this via nested polices, but the documentation isn't too clear on how I use the nested policy I create. I think the policies in the nested policies would be the children policies, but it's not really clear. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Also when I attempt to create a shaper it will not allow me to enter a CIR above 154400Kbps and I need a shaper for 200000Kbps. Is there a setting somewhere to increase the limit?

Thanks for any help,

Joe

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content