CCIE Lab scheduling question

Answered Question
Mar 17th, 2010

Hello all. If and when I pass my CCIE written exam, will it be possible to reserve the LAB exam in RTP at any time. or is there a list of available time slots. if there is how can I see it? I am trying to plan ahead. Is it typical that I will be able to reserve the LAB exam for 4 months after passing the written or do I need more time? How does this work? If there is no definite answer I'd appreciate highest probabilities. Thanks,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by lffrwatson about 6 years 8 months ago

I believe RTP is shutting down the lab for several months April - June for remodeling of the building maybe.  The earliest seat you could find at RTP will most likely be late July or August.  With my past experience its usually 5 - 6 months out before I can find a free seat.  However, with the new Cisco mobile lab centers opening up, the demand for RTP might go down.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
lffrwatson Wed, 03/17/2010 - 19:56

You must pass your written exam before you are allowed to schedule a lab date.  Once you pass your exam you will be given a candidate ID and with this, your score, and date attempted you will be able to schedule lab dates.

I would say you need at least 6 months to a year of lab studying before attempting the lab.  Why rush passing the lab?  I believe your first attempt must be within 18 months of passing the written.  Good luck.

west33637 Thu, 03/18/2010 - 06:56

I know that I have to pass the written in order to schedule the LAB. and I am not seeking advice on adequate or proper LAB preparation at this time. My question is - Lets say I pass the written exam today, and I want to take my LAB exam at RTP. Can I reserve the LAB in 3 weeks time? or 3 months? or 5 months? are there black out days? Typically, what is the minimum advance time I need to anticipate in order to get an available seat for the LAB after passing the written? Thanks,

Correct Answer
lffrwatson Thu, 03/18/2010 - 07:08

I believe RTP is shutting down the lab for several months April - June for remodeling of the building maybe.  The earliest seat you could find at RTP will most likely be late July or August.  With my past experience its usually 5 - 6 months out before I can find a free seat.  However, with the new Cisco mobile lab centers opening up, the demand for RTP might go down.

Giuseppe Larosa Fri, 03/26/2010 - 02:39

Hello,

>>  it typical that I will be able to reserve the LAB exam for 4 months  after passing the written or do I need more time?

a reasonable time for first attempt is 12-15 mounths after passing the CCIE written you need to do first attempt within 18 mounths

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Actions

This Discussion