cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Upgrade from 6.1.(3b) to 7.1(3b)

mstafford
Level 1
Level 1

We are upgrading CallManager from 6.1.(3b) to 7.1(3b) and have two questions about the process:

1)  We have received a 7.1(3a) "System Installation" disk from Cisco

In addition I have downloaded the USCInstall_UCOS_7.1.3..sgn.iso file from the website and burnt an IOS DVD

Can we upgrade by inserting the USCInstall_UCOS_7.1.3..sgn.iso  DVD into the drive and go directly from 6.x to 7.x

or do we need to first use the disk from Cisco, upgrade to 7.1(3a), then run a second upgrade to 7.1(3b)?

As I understand it a major upgrade between trains requires a disk from Cisco but a minor upgrade with a train

can be done by downloading an update from the Cisco website.

2) The upgrade guide recommends disabling Extension Mobility prior to the upgrade.  This is a large Call Center

where agents use Extension Mobilty.  I know they will not be able to log in or log out during the upgrade but

assume they will not be dropped when EM is disabled.  We're thinking about disconnecting the Publisher from

the LAN and upgrading it seperately - leaving EM enabled on the Subscriber to minimize the interruption in the

Call Center. Any thoughts? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

1) According to the Compatibility Matrix (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp43011) you can go from 6.1(3b) to 7.1(3b) direct, so you can use your downloaded ISO. You'll still need to register the PAK from your physical 7.x media kit to get the upgrade license.

2) I've seen what you are referring to, and I even had a TAC engineer tell me to log out all users and disable EM when I had an upgrade that failed... it turned out to be something else entirely, and I didn't log anyone out or disable it. In fact, I've never had to log anyone out or disable EM to do an upgrade.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

1) According to the Compatibility Matrix (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp43011) you can go from 6.1(3b) to 7.1(3b) direct, so you can use your downloaded ISO. You'll still need to register the PAK from your physical 7.x media kit to get the upgrade license.

2) I've seen what you are referring to, and I even had a TAC engineer tell me to log out all users and disable EM when I had an upgrade that failed... it turned out to be something else entirely, and I didn't log anyone out or disable it. In fact, I've never had to log anyone out or disable EM to do an upgrade.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the clarification Aaron!  This really helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: