Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory Collection Fails for 6500 Switches having IOS 12.2.(33) SXI1

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Inventory collection fails for the Core switches in the network. We are using Cisco 6504-E series switches in VSS as core & 6509-E in VSS as distribution switches, both having the iOS 12.2 (33) SXI1.

Kindly look into this.

I am using LMS 3.1. The sub-modules versions are listed below:

NameVersionLicense StatusSize
CiscoWorks Common Services3.2.0LicensedNot applicable
Campus Manager5.1.0Purchased5000
CiscoView6.1.8LicensedNot applicable
CiscoWorks Assistant1.1.0LicensedNot applicable
Device Fault Manager3.1.0Purchased5000
Internetwork Performance Monitor4.1.0Purchased5000
Integration Utility1.8.0LicensedNot applicable
LMS Portal1.1.0LicensedNot applicable
Resource Manager Essentials4.2.0Purchased5000

5 Replies 5

Fernando Segura
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem. Looking at the log i saw that VSS Switch has a lot of information to send and SNMP time out. I solved it increasing the SNMP timeout to 30 seconds.

HTH

Did you set the SNMP parameter in LMS Server??

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are seeing CSCsx58694.  This bug is fixed in LMS 3.2.  After you upgrade, you will need to make sure your RME SNMP timeout for your SXI devices is 10 seconds.  Then inventory collection will succeed.

Hi,

I have LMS 3.1..Is this bug valid 12.3 (33) SXI?? Do I need to upgrade to LMS 3.2 from 3.1?? Whether any patch available to fix this issue in LMS 3.1??

Kindly suggest.

Rgds,

Partha

The recommended fix is to upgrade from LMS 3.1 to 3.2.  There is a patch for 3.1 from TAC, but it was not a fully-tested patch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco