Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express downgrade question

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

We have a customer who has ordered an NME-CUE running Unity Express 7.x (I am not sure whether it will have 7.0 or 7.1 installed). We have just found out that they are running CallManager 4.1(3) (I will be talking to them about upgrading this soon) which according to table 2 in the compatibility matrix at the link below will not work with Unity Express versions later than 3.1.2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/compatibility/cuecomp.htm

3.1.2 looks like it should be ok for the customer once they upgrade their IOS to 12.4(9)T (currently on 12.3) as the NME-CUE will work in their 2851 with this version.

My question is to do with downgrading the version of Unity Express from 7.x to 3.1.2. The 3.1.2 software is still available for download. Will it be as simple as doing a clean install via FTP and then installing the correct language pack or will there be any issues with license files? I have not done much with Unity Express recently so I am a bit rusty on how things like licenses work.

thanks

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, a clean install should do the job. Prior to 7.1, CUE licensing was on the honor system, so you should be able to download the license that you need.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, a clean install should do the job. Prior to 7.1, CUE licensing was on the honor system, so you should be able to download the license that you need.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: