Problems with VG224 Fax and voice port disconnect

Unanswered Question

Hi,

we have the following problem:

We have 4 VG224 Version 12.4(25c) SCCP configured. We have analog phones and faxes on it. CCM Version is 7.1.3. last SR.

The problem is that we can send and recieve facxes eithout any problems, but if we send a fax and directly send the next fax the fax gets routed to the dashboard phone. (All unknown numbers are routed to the dashboard phones). Now we figured out, that the voice port does not directly disconnect after the fax or call is ended. It takes about 3 seconds until we can place a new call. So the problem seems to be the voice port disconnect.

When the first fax is send the second fax call did not use the complete dialed number so it seems to be an internal call and if the number is not known the fax gets routed to the dashboard phone.

Any Ideas ???

Thanks Stephan

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Christoph Hable Wed, 06/02/2010 - 03:08

Hi Stephan,

there are several timeouts and timings on voice ports which you can try out to "speed up" your disconnect but from my experience fax machines have an internal timing they need to get ready again - for example it needs often ~30sec to make a second ingoing fax after receiving the first one. For outgoing faxes the machine has usually a buffer where it stores the pages till the line is ready again. So it depends on the type & brand of fax machine you use, doesn't it?

Notice that some timeouts don't work since you control them with UCM (eg. ringing timeout => should be no answer config on line configuration)

show voice port 2/0:

Initial Time Out is set to 2 s
Interdigit Time Out is set to 10 s
Call Disconnect Time Out is set to 60 s
Supervisory Disconnect Time Out is set to 750 ms
Ringing Time Out is set to infinity
Wait Release Time Out is set to 30 s
Hookflash-in Timing is set to max=1000 ms, min=150 ms
Hookflash-out Timing is set to 400 ms

Furthermore I would suggest you to use actual 12.4(24)T release since i hade several problems with the 12.4(25c).

Regards,

Christoph

Actions

This Discussion