cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Access Certificates with Multiple Controllers

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

So I have an interesting scenario to run by the group, I haven't done this but was wondering if anyone else had tried it.

Scenario: is 5 WLC's running 6.0.188.0, One guest SSID, and One H-REAP guest SSID.

WLC#1: SNMP Name is WLC01, Virtual Interface DNS Name is GWLC.somewhere.com, Virtual Interface IP is 1.1.1.1

WLC#2: SNMP Name is WLC02, Virtual Interface DNS Name is GWLC.somewhere.com, Virtual Interface IP is 1.1.1.1

WLC#3: SNMP Name is WLC03, Virtual Interface DNS Name is GWLC.somewhere.com, Virtual Interface IP is 1.1.1.1

WLC#4: SNMP Name is WLC04, Virtual Interface DNS Name is GWLC.somewhere.com, Virtual Interface IP is 1.1.1.1

WLC#5: SNMP Name is WLCDMZ, Virtual Interface DNS Name is GWLC.somewhere.com, Virtual Interface IP is 1.1.1.1

So part 1 of my question is does the above configuration cause any issues with the controllers?

Part 2 of my question is can you request a single SSL certificate for the hostname GWLC.somewhere.com and install it on all the controllers?

The reason for having the certificate on all the controllers is because of the H-REAP Locally Switched SSID.

Anyone have experience with this, input, thoughts?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, when you setup the controllers like that you can use the same cert on every controller.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, when you setup the controllers like that you can use the same cert on every controller.

Dan,

Thanks for the response, have you done this configuration before? Just curious.

Thanks,

Kayle

I have seen TAC cases come in on this exact setup.

I too have seen numerous cases on this.

Bottom line is that as long as your HREAP Guests can resolve GWLC.somewhere.com through DNS (as 1.1.1.1), then this should work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: